White Hat Program
What is the "White Hat Program"?
The "White Hat Program" is the name that I've chosen for a specific portion of my work.
I've always tried to use some of my time and talents to help various charities and non-profit organizations. While I will continue to do this as time allows, I have decided to primarily help with the growth and development for marginalized and historically disadvantaged groups. This program will offer creative and business planning services to organizations at free or deeply discounted price.
Services include: Marketing and Business consultations, Print and Digital design, Web design, Branding and Visual Identity services, Ad design and media packages, Event planning, design and marketing assistance and more. All of the services offered by Monarch Visual are available to you.
Why the "White Hat Program"?
While I appreciate and will continue to help a broad range of charities as much as I can, I would like to give special focus to groups that I'm not only a part of, but also that often get left out of the loop when it comes to giving. There are many small businesses and organizations run by people of color that cannot afford marketing and creative services, and these things are an important part of being able to run a successful business. I'd like to use some of my time and talent to give back to my community as much as I can.
What are your selection criteria?
In order to be considered for the program, you must meet at least one of the following criteria. You must:
- Be owned or operated by a Black or POC person
- Serve primarily Black or POC communities (if you're a non-profit)
- Serve the LGBT community
- Be owned or operated by members of an indigenous community
- Be owned or operated by a member of any marginalized community
How can I participate?
If you'd like to be a part of the program in any way there are several ways to be involved:
- Spread the word! If you know a small business owner from a typically disadvantaged group who could use some help with business coaching, marketing, advertising, graphic design, etc - tell them about the program! Encourage them to apply. Share the information about the program everywhere you can.
- Donate! If you want to chip in a few dollars to help with some of the costs for materials, it would be appreciated. Costs can range from $15 to $100 depending on materials, shipping, quantity etc.
- Apply! If you run a small business or non profit and come from a typically disadvantaged community, apply to the program. It is here for YOU, and it will help you in the long run. even if you're not sure exactly what you need, we can talk about it and see how to best help you.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, please fill out the form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many applicants do you take?
Depending on the size of the project some will take longer than others. Because I still have to maintain regular work in addition to this work, to keep it fair and give the best service possible to everyone, I will have to limit the program to 3 organizations per month. Applicants will also be taken as first come first served, and a wait list will be built based on selected applicants.
How can I make a donation?
If you wish to donate to the program, click the button below and you will be taken to the donation page.